The Catholic Mass
Click here for your Mass Intentions.
Infinite Value of the Mass
During the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, Jesus Christ, functioning as the Eternal High Priest and the Principal Offerer, through the human instrument, the secondary Celebrant, whether a Priest or a Bishop, offers Himself to the Holy Trinity, in a mystical unbloody manner, as the Infinite Sacrificial Victim of adoration, petition, propitiation and thanksgiving.
Therefore, to assist at or to offer Holy Mass is a good work of GREATER EXCELLENCE than any other work. By other good works, one offers to God gifts which are human and totally finite. But in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, one offers to the Holy Trinity gifts which are Infinite, Divine; i.e., the Sacred Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity, of God the Son, Jesus Christ. There is no act which is more holy or Infinite which can be performed on earth. It is the only time a finite person can offer something of Infinite value to God the Infinite. This is the act of directly offering, as a Priest or a Prelate, functioning as the secondary Celebrant of the Mass, or indirectly offering, by assisting at, a valid liturgical Rite, the Infinite Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the essence of which was perfectly instituted by Jesus Christ Who is the way, the truth and the life.
The efficacy of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass which is offered according to an ancient, approved, valid liturgical Rite of Mass, does not depend on the worthiness or unworthiness of the secondary instrument, the human Celebrant. The Celebrant, whether a Priest or a Bishop (of whatever ecclesiastical rank of Jurisdiction) is only the instrument of Jesus Christ, Who is both the Infinite High Priest and the Infinite Victim, at the same time.
Because the intrinsic value of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is Infinite and because this Infinite intrinsic value exists independently of the worthiness or unworthiness of the human agent, i.e., of the Priest or Bishop who is the secondary Celebrant, none of the Infinite intrinsic value of the Mass can be lost, just as the objective value of a diamond is not depreciated by any possible subjective unworthiness of the jeweler who sells it.
However, as a good work, the graces and favors of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass are limited, partly by the will of God, and partly by the dispositions of those to whom the fruits are applied. Therefore, the more personal pious religious devotion the secondary Celebrant has, whether a Priest or a Prelate, the greater will be the profit which that Celebrant will derive from the Mass. The same holds true for those who serve Mass and for those who assist at Mass.
Why Should You Have Masses Offered?
Just as you should assist at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass with the proper dispositions, so also you should have the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass offered for yourself, for your own intentions, for your loved ones-both living and deceased-and for the Poor, Suffering Souls in Purgatory. Here are a few points to consider.
1. At the hour of death, the Holy Masses at which you have piously and devoutly assisted, and those which you had offered for yourself and others, will be your greatest consolation.
2. By every Holy Mass, you can diminish the temporal punishment due to your sins, or of less, according to your religious fervor.
3. Every Holy Mass will go with you to the your Judgement when you stand before the Just Judge. These Holy Masses will plead for pardon for you.
4. By piously and devoutly assisting at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, you render the greatest act of worship which is possible to each of the Three Persons of the Holy Trinity.
5. Through the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, Jesus Christ supplies for many of your negligences and omissions.
6. Through the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, Jesus Christ forgives you all of your venial sins which you are sincerely determined to avoid. Christ forgives you all of your unknown sins which you never confessed in the Sacrament of Penance.
7. Through the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the power of Satan and other evil spirits over you is diminished.
8. By piously and devoutly assisting at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, and by having as many Masses as possible offered for the Souls in Purgatory, you obtain the greatest possible relief for the Poor, Suffering Souls in Purgatory.
9. Devoutly assisting at just one Holy Mass, or having one Holy Mass offered for yourself during your life, will be of more benefit to you than many (Some say as many as one thousand!) offered for you after your death. Of course, the more Holy Masses, the better!
10. By piously and devoutly assisting at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, or by having the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass offered for yourself, you are preserved from many dangers and misfortunes which would otherwise have befallen you.
11. Your time in Purgatory will be shortened by the number of times at which you piously and devoutly assisted at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and the number of Masses which you had offered for the Poor, Suffering Souls in Purgatory while still in this life.
12. During the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, you kneel amid a multitude of Holy Angels who are present at the Most Adorable Sacrifice with reverential awe. It is said that there are 3,000 Holy Angels present just from the Choir of Thrones!
13. By piously and devoutly assisting at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and having the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass offered for yourself and your loved ones and the Poor, Suffering Souls in Purgatory, you are blessed in your temporal affairs and material possessions.
14. By having a Holy Mass offered for yourself and/or by assisting at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass in a pious and devout manner and offering it, through the Infinite Principal Celebrant, Jesus Christ, the Eternal High Priest, to the Most Holy Trinity, in honor of a specific Angel or Saint, and thanking God for the favors He has bestowed on this particular Angel or Saint, and such-like, you give that Angel or Saint a new degree of honor, joy and happiness in Heaven and bring upon yourself the special love and protection of this Angel or Saint!
Please Click Here for the
Holy Rosary Web Page
|Our Blessed Mother asks that all Catholics Pray her
Traditional Rosary daily.
The Rosary will really make a Powerful difference in Your Life!
“Now the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing; that you may abound in Hope, and in the power of the Holy Ghost” (Romans 15:13).
“Charity is patient, is kind: Charity...beareth all things, Believeth all things, Hopeth all things, endureth all things” (1 Corinthians 13:4, 7).
“Now Faith is the substance of things to be Hoped for, the evidence of things that appear not” (Hebrews 11:1).
Thank you for stopping by to visit the Shrine of Saint Jude web site. You are welcome to visit us again, as often as you like.
If you like our newly redesigned and improved web site, please share this information with others and help them to know more about how powerful Saint Jude really is and that God still works "miracles" today!
Have a Wonderful Day!
God Bless You!